This is a nice rig because I've found it doesn't tangle as easily as other rigs do, especially with the impact shield. See my how to catch cod page for more details.
What you need to make this cod rig
- Option #1 - 12-18lb line for soft ground
- option #2 - 25-30lb line for rough ground
- Shockleader line up to 60lb
- 3x Swivels
- 3x Beads
- 2x Hooks
- 3x Crimps
If you're using lugworms then you want to leave around 1-2 inches between the upper hook and main hook. This gives plenty of room to slide up the worms. If you're using other baits like squid then having the upper hook just above the main hook will allow you to secure the squid more easily.
See my "How to catch cod" page for tips and tricks.
Help support this site!
If you value the information on this site then please help support me with the large running costs.
Donations this month: £15.00
If this page didn't help you please, please, please email me here and tell me what you wanted on this page. I can add whatever it is you think was missing!
- Fishing training in Torbay, Devon.
- How to set up fishing rigs
- How to fish from a pier
- Sea fishing seasons
- How to set-up a float for fishing
- How to tie a clinch knot (commonly used)
- How to tie a lock blood knot (commonly used)
- How to tie an Albright fishing knot to join two lines together.
Was this page helpful? Please email me and give me feedback to make it better!
[ Back to Top ]